Thursday, February 26, 2009

Mothers Beware

An interesting thing happens when parents go off and leave the oldest child in charge. [I understand people go for a spin in the dryer, etc.] A quick memory that has never left me is one time when mom went somewhere and left Mike in charge. I don't recall if we were having lunch, or we just got thirsty, but I do know we all got chocolate milk - and Mike gave us all (especially the "little kids") strict instructions that we were not to tell mom that we had chocolate milk. So as soon as mom walks in the door, Wes shouts out, "Guess what mom? We didn't have any chocolate milk!"

3 comments:

Vecchiocane said...

If chocolate milk were against the word of wisdom, I'd be in deep trouble.

Big Bopper said...

I remember Mike making eggnog for us when we were little, and thinking: Holy cow! he knows how to make eggnog? I thought only grown ups could do that. It gave me a whole new perspective on what was possible in life.

mr.math said...

I still can't keep my mouth shut!