Saturday, March 21, 2009

60 Years Ago -- A week in the life of Elder HG Hall

Here are some extracts from the HG Hall Mission Journal.
[Note: I am scanning this, but I am not getting it done as fast as you or I would like.]


Sun. Feb. 6, 1949
Today I am 21 years of age. 5' 8" Tall and weigh 158#. We had an exceptionally good Sunday School today and a fine nite meeting. Elder Baker & I ate over to Dewey and Nita's. I wrote a number of letters but didn't any where near catch up. Elder Baker and I realized an answer to prayers as Asheal accepted the Brach clerk job.

Mon. Feb. 7, 1949
We went tracting early this morning. In the evening two new Elders and a new L.M. Arrived.

Tues. Feb. 8, 1949
Tracting, cottage meetings, mutual, then to bed.

Wed. Feb. 9, 1949
A very rainy day. No Tracting. We held a couple of cottage meetings.

Thurs. Feb 10, 1949
We ate over at Harlie's then got Mr. Moores truck and hauled two privies from the mill houses to the meeting house. Dewey and Mr. Christopher helped.

Fri. Feb. 11, 1949
We took care of our downtown business, went and saw Mrs. Warner, and took a script to the radio station.

Sat. Feb. 12, 1949
Elder Baker & I went down to the meeting house early to put up the outhouses. We put them up and painted the fronts of them. Asahel, Freddy, Coy, J.D., Elder Baker and I were the extent of the days help. We also put up the sign on the front of the building.

1 comment:

Big Bopper said...

I'm guessing the building he refers to is the little meetinghouse he built while on his mission. The one that is now being used as a storage shed.